This website and its content is copyright of JB Rawcliffe & Sons Ltd.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Due to the Data Protection Law recently changing we want to keep you up to date.
On 25th May 2018 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into effect, which imposes additional obligations on organisations & gives you extra rights as a data subject around how your personal data is used.
We want you to know that J B Rawcliffe & Sons Ltd respects the information we hold on you & that we take the security of your information very seriously.
J B Rawcliffe & Sons Ltd is known as the Data Controller of the personal information you provide to us.
Last updated 18th June 2019.
Information we collect & use
When applying for a service or product with ourselves we may collect the following information:-
- Company name, Company address , Company registration Number, VAT Number, job title, contact name, telephone number, email address
- Information connected to the product or service which you have requested with us, eg delivery address, particulars of item being transported, site contact name
- Financial information relating to finance agreements and bank accounts
- Information that is automatically collected, via cookies when you visit our website
- Information if you visit our offices, eg CCTV, Visitors Book
- Sometimes financial information eg. Credit cards(although we do not retain complete payment card information for security reasons)
- Demographic information such as postcodes, preferences & interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys &/or offers.
Where we collect your information
We may collect your personal information directly from you, from a variety of sources including:-
- An application form for a product or service
- A phone conversation with us, emails or letters you send to us
- Meetings with one of our representatives
- Our website, when you are requesting to contact us
- Information available from public available sources, such as company registers and online search engines
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
What we use your personal information for
We take your privacy seriously & we will only ever collect & use information which is personal to you where it is necessary, fair & lawful to do so. We collect your information only where:-
- It is necessary to provide the service or product you have requested, eg contact name, email/telephone contact to make, for instance a delivery
- It’s in the legitimate interest of J B Rawcliffe & Sons, where we need to process your information to better understand you & your needs when eg. arranging transport requirements
- We may periodically send promotion email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- Internal record keeping
- We use your information to customise the website according to your interest
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
Data protection says that we are allowed to use & share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons & these are:-
- Contract – your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual agreement
- Consent – where you agree to us using your information to provide the service/products which you have requested
- Legitimate interests – this means the interest of J B Rawcliffe in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the services & products in the most secure & appropriate way, eg keeping you up to date on a delivery
- Legal Obligation – where there is a statutory or other legal requirement to share your information for law enforcement purposes
Who we share your information with & why
We will never sell your details to someone else.
Whenever we share your personal information, we will do so in line with our obligations to keep your information safe & secure.
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties if required by law. When we disclose your personal information to comply with a legal obligation or legal process , we will take reasonable steps to ensure that we only disclose the minimum personal data necessary for the specify enquiry.
We may disclose your information to any of our employees, subcontractors or associated companies as reasonably necessary to provide you with our services.
Protecting your information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
How long we keep your information
We will keep your personal information only where necessary to provide you with the services & products while you are a customer. We may also keep your information after this period but only were required to meet our legal & regulatory obligations.
The length of time we keep your information for these purposes will vary depending on the obligation we need to meet.
You are entitled to request the following information from J B Rawcliffe & Sons, these are called your Data Subjects Rights & there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website – www.ico.org.uk
- Right to Access – to request access to your personal information & information about how we process it. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at Blaguegate Works, Stanley Way, Skelmersdale, WN8 8EA
- Right to Rectification – If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that it is corrected.
- Right to erasure – to require us to erase your personal information
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability – to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object – to object to processing of personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling – rights relating to automated decision making , including profiling
Please note that these rights may be limited by Data protection legislation & we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Registered In England
Company Registration No: 899213
Registered Office: Blaguegate Works, Stanley Way, Skelmersdale, Lancashire, WN8 8EA